Monday, January 2, 2012

NEW YEAR'S REVELATIONS

IMG_1898.JPGReflecting back on 2011, its hard to believe another year has already started. More than ever I notice that time is truly fleeting and too precious to waste. Although, the majority of my year succumbed to negativity and depression, I've discovered and learned so much about myself that I have to be grateful that 2011 even occurred. Most importantly I have begun to understand why I have been making myself so miserable. It all boils down to a severe lack of self esteem. I have been keeping the people I love at an arms length, including my own self. I've been carrying around a crippling fear of being rejected for so long, that I did not even realize that by not letting people in, I was causing myself more and more isolation. In effect, it was myself that was creating this world of rejection surrounding me because I was afraid of being abandoned by those I love. It has only recently come to my attention that I was doing this and now that I do understand that my actions were not serving my well-being, I am committed to make the necessary effort to let love in and in turn to love myself wholly and completely. For me, 2012 means the year in which I focus and nurture my emotional, physical, and creative needs. I wish you all the best in the coming year and may you love with all you hearts. Don't ever hold back.
IMG_1902.JPG
Outfit Details: Vintage Cashmere Swing Coat...Thrifted, Jeans...BDG, Chelsea Boots... Asos
Photos by Jeramy

8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post. I find myself in a very similar position.

    Wishing you great continued momentum. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tend to do the exact same thing to myself, so i feel you..i think the past year has been a big growth period for my self-esteem as well

    lots of love xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I couldn't agree more. I'm all about being creative this year <3 I can't wait.

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I felt much like this last new years and definitely turned things around once I was fully committed to change. Happy 2012! Love your coat too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you had to say. Stay positive and keep creative and this new year shall be wonderful.

    You look lovely, as always!

    t.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, dear! I hope 2012 will bring wonderful things for all of us!

    xx

    ReplyDelete