Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Rip Roarin' Twenties


With winter in full swing, I can't find more cozy and practical fabrics than those used in menswear, which is why I believe I am so drawn to the warmth of wool, flannel,tweeds, and leathers these days. It doesn't help when you have beautiful movie stars like Diane Keaton and Katharine Hepburn looking gorgeous and independent in their masculine, yet super chic and feminine get-ups, tempting you to want to look just like them.



I just bought some flannel gray high-waisted trouser pants, which I am currently obsessed with. I'll have to share soon!

And yes, I'm already excited for spring! The pic above is from Ralph Lauren's Spring Rugby Line a few years back, but the timelessness of these girls outfits will work for every year to come. I want the pocketwatch and those spectators like woah. Must be that I'm on a F. Scott Fitzgerald binge, I re-read The Great Gatsby a few months back and now am reading This Side of Paradise. Ahh to be living in the rip-roaring twenties. Oh wait, I am in my rip roaring twenties ;)

photos courtesy of google image search



"I hope she’ll be a fool—that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."

2 comments:

  1. great menwear inspiration! I am going to try this soon! nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flannel so much. And that Great Gatsby quote.

    ReplyDelete