Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Frankly my dear Groundhog, I don't give a damn.

First off, I would like to know who gave this stupid fat little brown animal who digs holes in the ground all day the power to control the seasons?!? Seriously, what up with that?



On a different note, I'd like to rant about life. Stop reading here if you frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. I wouldn't either...
My life has begun to feel like the movie Groundhog's Day with Bill Murray. I have never actually seen it, but I know the basic premise...Bill Murray's character wakes up everyday to find he is repeating the same day over and over. My life too has become some weird routine of doing the exact thing everyday and even basically wearing the same thing (note my new obsession with only wearing different variations of high-waisted trouser pants in the pictures below). I'd like to attribute this to only receiving one day a week off from work, where I actually have the ability to shake things up, yet never do because I have a million and one things to catch up on and the freezing cold temperatures that hinder me from going outside. I am just going to have to wait another 6 weeks when my temporary job as a secretary for a tax firm is over and because of that stupid groundhog seeing his shadow yesterday, I'll also have to wait for those warmer temps too.


Posing with a rusty barbed wire fence is some serious risky business, as is trekking outside in the woods in maryjanes.

Sweater: Forever21 Blouse: A&F Trousers: Thrifted MaryJanes: Etienne Aigner

23 comments:

  1. Hi! I really like your blog, you've got great style. Subscribed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way recently about never getting the chance to shake things up. It's like the one day off a week barely gives you time to catch up on lost sleep and errands and house chores, and then you're ready to shake things up but the sun goes down to early and it's ridiculously cold outside!
    As for your everyday outfit, I can understand feeling like it's routine, but you look fantastic! And you make me wanna try a trousers look at some point! :)
    Hope your routine gets a little less mundane soon and that the silly groundhog was wrong in his prediction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! That movie is so funny, I actually wanted to watch it yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos my dear! u look like a model :)
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ready to integrate high-wasited trousers into my wardrobe, thanks to you! But where to find the flattering and chic inexpensive ones that you are so adept at hunting down?
    Also! Come to NY. If you want to come to Nanette's show on morning of the 17th, I'd love to have you! Quick trip? Goodbye taxes, hello fashion?
    :) Miss you and E!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful sweater and photos. first time i've seen your blog and i'm hooked!

    freshbrownies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the trousers. That is a funny movie; he starts doing wild things b/c he knows it won't make a difference. And rusty barbed wire does sound a bit dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blouse and your trousers! I agree about that groundhog thing, but I think it's wrong most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i guess we all have our days of 'redundancy' and routine... i'm feeling the same way myself. welp, life is a roller coaster..so for sure, things will be up for us soon. :D

    ps. still like the outfit...even when you say you're wearing the same thing.

    gizellefaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore your style, especially all the cute pants outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the trousers are definatly a good look for you, I never understood how they can tell if it sees its shadow or not...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The high trouser looked amazing on you! I hope you feel better soon (about your routine and stuff); I'm sure the warm weather will come back soon enough!


    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  13. As long as you wake up everyday looking as pretty as you do here, then you're AOK, doll. Seriously though, feel better soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pictures are so beautiful! It makes me miss living in New England ... gosh, I wish we knew each other when I was there! I think we would have been great pals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these photos are so wonderful! you look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. but the pants look so good on you! dont worry- spring will come! bill murray gets the girl in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  17. it may be risky business but at least you look great! ground hog day cracks me up. i still don't understand it completely but it seems like such a hilarious concept!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the blouse looks gorgeous..
    and the picutres are really good...

    love it


    sib

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your title. Why does he anyways? Gone With the Wind<3
    Lovely trousers are shirt! You look so modelesque!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i really love your outfit! lovely blog:)
    bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love love love those photos.
    really beautiful lovely !

    ReplyDelete