Saturday, September 17, 2011

under a rock

Yes, its true. I'm coming back to the blogging world. I have a macbook in the mail on its way to me to replace my Vaio whose hard drive crashed and forced me off the internet for awhile. Honestly though, it has been very necessary as life has been quite draining the last year or so. I've been needing time to refocus my energies into things that I love rather than get caught up in the fact that I am not happy with my situation currently in life.
We just got back from Portland, OR which was quite the refreshing vacation (more to come on that later)and I've been taking more time to work on myself and to be okay with where I am. I found a really great quote that really rung true in a book I got in Powell's Bookstore out in Oregon (most amazing bookstore in the world? I think so. The place takes up an entire block and I legit got lost in there.
Okay, so back to that quote, it goes as follows
" We must bloom where we are planted."
-The Sound of Paper, by Julia Cameron
I'd been having a hard time accepting my situation in life and have come to terms that no matter, where I am or what I am doing with my life, I must flourish and live life to the most. No more pity parties for this chick.
Not going to lie, this comeback will be slow. I'm still working on taking photos and figuring out exactly how I want this blog to be, but I wanted to pop in and let everyone know where I'm at and to prove that I have not disappeared off the side of this planet!
DSC_0053
DSC_0060
DSC_0061

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see you're back, seriously. That's a great quote, & it looks like you've got a great attitude about life going forward. + I wish I looked that good in denim shorts! :) We should finally do that meet-up we had talked about.. let me know if you're ever coming to my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! <3 Hooray! And it sounds like you have the perfect attitude : )


    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are enjoying the book. I cannot wait to see what you do with Rosemud...looking forward to more new posts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you posting again. That is a really great quote,I think you have the best attitude and looking forward to seeing what you do with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you're back! and i hope you get through this transitional period of your life smoothly and really find your groove :)

    ReplyDelete