Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Spirit

IMG_1287.JPG
IMG_1275.JPG
The weather lately has been a bit out of whack in New England, especially in the area where Jeramy lives which has bizarre weather patterns to begin with. They always have some sort of a storm when the rest of New Hampshire has barely anything. The snow in these photos was from a little storm has since melted and I'm convinced that we had a 'White Halloween' and it will remain a 'Green Christmas' this year. I've been trying to get in the holiday spirit with a few decorations here and there. Jeramy surprised me with my own stocking hanging by the fireplace. Its a big step up from my old stocking that still read "Baby's First Christmas" 24 years later.  I found this wreath at a little shop in Peterborough and bought it along with some lights to cheer up the fireplace and get us somewhat in the holiday spirit. Shopping for presents is getting there and my knitting has started to take over my life as I rush to get all of my hats done for my family and friends. I still cannot believe we'll be celebrating this weekend. Then its New Years... must start thinking of resolutions. Geez I hope next year paces itself. This year has flown!

5 comments:

  1. That sweater looks so cozy!
    I'm afraid we may be having a green Christmas in the Midwest, too. So sad! It's not really Christmas without snow :(

    www.thequirkypoet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been knitting like a "grandma gone wild" as well! 10 multi-colored scarfs sounded like an easy enough task....
    By the way, I love your photos, New Hampshire looks like a beautiful place....reminds me of Washington a bit....

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here in western mass. the lack of snow is discerning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! I'm getting so excited for Christmas - finally! We have sunny Christmas in NZ because we are opposite seasons!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pictures! the collar with the sweater over the top looks perfect.

    also, just wanted to say that i love your blog and will definitely be keeping up with future posts!

    from, helen @ thelovecatsINC

    http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete