Wednesday, August 1, 2012

THE WHEEL OF THINGS

I recently read the biography of Lucy Maud Montgomery, the noted authoress of one of my all time favorite books, Anne of Green Gables. Reading about her life, made me understand how much of herself she put into all of her heroines and reminded me of how much I can relate to her and her characters. It also made me eager to re-read some of her other works that I had read a long time ago and had forgotten about, Kilmeny of the Orchard and the Blue Castle. My simple outfit was inspired by Victorian Picnics. The seersucker dress from American Apparel is the best dress to flounce around in and my thrifted basket purse is quickly becoming a great summer alternative to my Fieldguided tote. The disposable camera summer series continues with this set of photos taken by my Sister Katy. garden partygarden partygarden party

7 comments:

  1. i love these disposable film pics! keep em coming pretty lady xx
    ps.i grew up on anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been coveting this dress all summer. i love the linen versions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a pretty dress and the second pic is just amazing - I can already imagine it all over the tumblrs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! just found your blog. Absolutely adorable. The photography is quite something!



    kissmequick

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've looked at this dress online - and i had no idea about the button back! so amazing. and i love it on you. i've never actually read anne of greene gables or any of her books :(

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete