Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Seasonal Rites of Passage

Its officially winter! I went ice skating!!! You see, every season I have something that I do that sort of is like an initiation for that particular season. If for some reason, I don't complete that ritual, the season feels off. In the fall, it is apple picking. For spring its riding my bicycle. And for summer it is swimming in the Atlantic. Last year I never managed to go ice skating, so of course I was thrilled this year when I started dating Ethan and found out that his family lived in a house overlooking a huge pond. This summer we kayaked a bunch on it and today I had my skates handy and twirled around like a big goof with Ethan watching (he would've skated with me, but he doesn't have skates that fit. boo.) Oh well, had fun none the less. Here are some shots:



oh by the way, I am probably one of the most uncoordinated personages alive.



The bonfire pile Ethan and his Dad prepared, can't wait to burn stuff! Woo pyromania!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm so jealous. I have always wanted to skate on a real pond or lake. All I have is the recreation complex and a couple frozen puddles. I live in Canada too, what's up with that. I mean, people seem to think I live in an igloo and sled with huskies to school, but in reality we don't get enough snow and cold to skate on a lake. xD
    Anyway, I'm sure you can't be more uncoordinated than me. Everytime I try to walk through a door I end up smacking into the side of it. Sad fate really. Happy New Year's Eve eve!

    ReplyDelete